Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Soccer, Kites, Bubbles, Ice Cream

Spring has been glorious this year--except for all the pollen. The pollen has been quite rough on the allergies. This past weekend was filled with more soccer. I'm loving being a soccer mom.

Andrew's team had another victory on Saturday. The score was 4-2 and Andrew's team scored all 6 points. Oops. At least we scored more for our team than for the opponent.

Andrew+Soccer


Andrew+Soccer

I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching Andrew's enthusiasm for life.

We bought a kite and took it to the park on Sunday. We tried and tried and tried, but had no luck getting it to fly. I overheard Adam telling someone that the kite tried to attack us. That's pretty accurate. It would start to fly and then do these crazy spins and plummet to the ground. I'm not sure we had it together correctly. The kids had also received some tiny kites for Christmas. We didn't have any luck with those either.

Unsuccessful Kite Flying


Abby


After we gave up on the kites, we tried some bubbles. The sun was terribly harsh (for pictures at least), but I like these anyway.

Bubbles

Bubbles + Andrew

Laughter
Andrew was laughing at something Adam did.


We made bubbles for the kids until our arms hurt. They loved chasing them and trying to pop them with their "swords."

Chasing Bubbles


Jumping for Bubbles

We then headed into town and were treated to some ice cream at the Creamery.
Ice Cream @ the Creamery

Mint Chocolate Chip for Abby


Ice Cream from the Creamery


Adam + Abby

Abby

Adam

We really had a great time together this weekend.

On a sad note, I hit a cardinal on the way to taking the kids to school this morning. She got stuck on my windshield wipers. She did not die immediately. She looked right in the window at me and blinked. TWICE. And just sat there. I screamed and then started laughing hysterically. What? You don't think that's the appropriate response? I had no idea how to get her off and Adam suggested that I turn on the windshield wipers. So I did. And she rode back and forth across the windshield. Adam told me to speed the windshield wipers up. I figured it was either that or stop and pick her up by her tiny little legs. The latter didn't appeal to me. So I turned the windshield wipers up on high and she finally "flew" away.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Sounds and looks like a fabulous weekend!

About the allergies, do you know that if you eat local honey it helps to reduce allergy symptoms? I know it works for our family. We eat a teaspoon of local honey every day at home and find it as soon as we get wherever we are traveling. We get sick a lot less and have less allergy symptoms.

Anonymous said...

I like Andrew's "double bubble"!
It sounds like you guys had fun.

Yes you can't beat Andrew's passion for whatever he does! He is so enthusiastic!

Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

I like Andrew's "double bubble"!
It sounds like you guys had fun.

Yes you can't beat Andrew's passion for whatever he does! He is so enthusiastic!

Love, Grandma