Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beauty Unexpected

Rebecca at beloved the M family journal has a post called Beauty Unexpected and she's asking others to link up with photos of beauty they've found in unexpected places. Last month when Adam and I were at the botanical gardens, I found this spiderweb in the corner of one of the older buildings. I really like the little bit of architecture, the wonder of a spider web (I'm amazed at how those little creatures create such a beautiful piece of art), the rust on the building and the bokeh.


IMG_4756

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Nice picture. I stumbled across your comment while reading another blog. Since we share a name, I thought I would check out your blog. Seems we have a bit more in common.

ellieshine said...

I agree with everything you like about this photo plus the way the light is reflecting on the spiderweb - oh and the composition is wonderful also! beautiful :)

Sunshine Mama said...

love it!! Love the photo. Love the lighting, the texture of the marble cornerpiece and the spiderweb. Great Job!!

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful photo. I love the lighting...just the right about of light to show that web. I agree that the textures in the photo are wonderful. Just had to let you know!

Kristi said...

Your eye for what makes an interesting picture so reminds me of my dad!

Rebecca Lily said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Like everyone else has said - the texture and lighting is just brilliant.

I love spiderwebs. :) They are amazing works of art!

Great photo, I'm so glad you shared it!!!!

Rebecca

Anna said...

Great! I really like the web and the bokeh!