Monday, June 29, 2009

End of a Chapter

Friday was Andrew's last day of daycare/preschool. I left work early on Friday to spend sometime with him and his friends. We took a special treat of ice cream for him to share. When I got there, Andrew was sleeping--a rare occurrence for him during the day. Usually it's not something I want to happen because he then has a hard time going to sleep at night. Abby spent the night at friend's house though and the boys and I went to a movie that didn't start until 7:50 so it worked out great on this day.

Sleeping


There were lots of goodbye hugs. To say that Andrew likes to be the center of attention is an understatement.


Hugs
I tried to find pictures that didn't show the other children's faces.


And a final trip to the Treasure Box.

Treasure Box


I remember saying something about it being difficult to cry when Andrew is around. I didn't think I'd be emotional about him leaving daycare/preschool, but when we left there I was in tears. And while the end of this chapter is a good thing, there are times when it's hard to watch your kids grow up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say he had a good last day. They will miss him I'm sure.
Kindergarden GET READY!

Love, Grandma

Kristi said...

It so seems just yesterday that he was sipping a bottle while curled up in my lap at the Harrisburg 4th of July fireworks show. Where does the time go?
Go ahead and cry, I know I'll bawl when my times comes.
And I agree with your mom, Kindergarten at HES will never be the same...

Tricia said...

Especially your youngest. God bless.

Sunshine Mama said...

He looks so content while sleeping...and like he was having fun with everyone saying goodby.

Looks like everyone had a good last day.

Anonymous said...

And what a Great chapter it was. He will be great in kindergarten, I only know because he was a great little man in my class. He will be missed. Enjoy the next chapter!
-Mrs.Karen